3 dl dry white wine
500 g of Jerusalem artichoke
1 tablespoon butter
4 dl cream
1-2 dl milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel the shallots, potatoes and artichokes. When peeled the artichokes, place them in water immediately otherwise they might get discoloured.
2. Cut the shallots into bite sized pieces. Saute over medium heat with the butter. Once the onions have softened, add the artichokes and potatoes and let fry for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour in the white wine and allow to simmer until half remains.
4. Add the cream, and a little milk at the time depending on how thick you want the soup (I myself like a thinner soup) and let everything simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Mix the soup with a hand blender.
Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, crutons or my favourite: a few shavings of Jerusalem artichoke that you deep fry in to crisps and sprinkle over the soup.